The construction of the Courtyard of Europe began in 1999; however, the courtyard is incomplete. Besides containing buildings inspired by European countries and regions, the courtyard is interesting for it’s statues of rulers and historical personalities. Do not miss the so-called German House. The building, which was erected here in the 17th century, was used from 1800-27 as a town theater and later as a synagogue. The stain glass panes of the German House were inspired by the painting decorations located in the interior of the synagogue. A carved bell-tower was installed behind the German House. Its base was constructed from damaged stairs, bases and gravestones made from red limestone and extracted from nearby Süttő and Tardos (Hungary). When entering the Courtyard, you can pass a copy of the musical pavilion
from the Anglia Park. Seven Celtic pottery kilts dating back to the 1st century BC were discovered during the construction of the Courtyard. They are an important monument but are unfortunately not accessible and located in the basement of the Courtyard.